Every year, in the second half of June, we organize what we call ‘Green Weeks’. During those two weeks, children from 7 to 14 years old, can spend a fantastic holiday playing sports and enjoying themselves under the constant supervision of ISEF teachers, coordinated by Prof. Franco Bagalà, ISEF teacher himself.
Young boys and girls stay in confortable rooms with three or four beds, all with bathroom. During the day they have: breakfast in the morning, lunch at noon, snacks in the afternoon and dinner in the evening, all based on genuine products from the farm.
Planned activities are the following:
– Badmington (mini-tennis)
– Traditional games (campana, ruba bandiera, salto della corda, palla avvelenata etc.)
– Draught, chess, risiko, monopoli, scrabble etc.
– Drawing and painting activities
– Folk songs
– Walks along the Farfa river and visits to Farfa Abbey
– Visits to other farms specialized in breeding cows, horses and pigs, or which produce milk and cheese.
Day type and other information
Our initiative, already experimented during the last few years, has had great success among children that had the opportunity to live a great adventure that helped their social experience and their capacity to gain authonomy.
Last year children from the following school were our guests:
– Secondary Schools, Settembrini, Alfieri – Lante della Rovere, Esopo, Sinopoli, I.Nievo.
– Primary Schools, Principessa Mafalda, Mazzini, Contardo Ferrini.
Typical day planning:
9.00 Meeting to plan the day
11.00 Swimming pool
12.30 Shower and dressing for lunch
14.00 Afternoon nap
15.30 Walk along the river or visit to a farm
18.00 Outdoor games
19.00 Personal cleaning
20.30 Table games or movie watching or free supervised activities
22.00 Back to rooms for sleeping